Sunday, July 03, 2005

Vampires

*grins* I love the vampires. I have a book on them throughout history. There are vampire legends in almost every country in the world, from ones who suck blood, to those that suck souls.

Depending on who you read, Vlad Tepes, or Vlad the Impaler was the inspiration for Count Dracula. He was a very violent man. Erzsébet Báthory, was known as the Blood Countess. She killed between 40 to 600 young girls and bathed in their blood. She may have also been an inspiration for Dracula.

As for movies, "Pale Blood" is a good one, though lesser known. You also have "The Lost Boys," "From Dusk til Dawn," "Salem's Lot," and of course a multitude of Dracula movies.

There's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" but the series was a much different animal than the movie. The movie was a comedy. Joss Whedon wanted to create a story where the blond girl who should be the victim was the heroine.

Did I mention I love vampires?

May the muses have garlic
Lany

1 Comments:

Blogger Melany said...

*Blinks* My writing partner is a vampire fanatic. LOL... I didn't know!

I'll give these movies a try.
:-) Mel

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home