Saturday, May 28, 2005

*does the submission shake*

Hitting the send button when you submit causes an icky feeling low in your stomach. I've done it a few times now and it doesn't seem to get any better. Sort of like tossing your baby into the sky, and you hope someone catches it.

But anyhoo, we have submitted the chapters and synopsis to Ellora's Cave. Also entered JERR's contest and the 2005 FTHRW Golden Gateway Contest.

Ailyea is anxious to have her story polished so she's been singing rather loudly in my ear. LOL so that's why you haven't heard much about that other premise, Mel. Good things come to those who wait *g*.

And yes reading your work aloud does wonders. I'm always amazed at what I find when I read it aloud. Things that sound fine in my head, sometimes speaking them, it doesn't make as much sense.

I took an online course from Margie Lawson, who was wonderful. I'm sure in person she's even more so. High five Mel.

Oh a minor little plug. Sylvia Day is trying to create an Erotic Romance Writer's chapter of RWA. I think it's a wonderful idea! Be forewarned, this yahoo group is only about creating the chapter. And once the chapter forms, you have to be a member of RWA to join (several are going to join RWA just to be part of this group). Go join! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/erw_org/


I'm off to do more editing with Ailyea.

Oh *taps fingers on the desk* aren't you going to guess again?

May the muses be kind
Lany

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home