Sunday, February 26, 2006

Erotic romance in the news

US Today had an article recently on romances getting hotter. Oddly enough they didn't talk about Ellora's Cave and Jaid Black. They focused on the New York presses. I know several readers were writing them with good reason. I don't see how you can talk about current erotic romance trends and not mention Ellora's Cave. I maybe biased (they are my publisher after all) but I think it's more, they paved the way for the current trends in mainstream publishing.

Also, Geraldo did a segment on erotic romance. I missed it, it's not shown in my area but I heard it was fairly favorable. They featured a couple of authors, especially in Kensington's Aphrodisia line. I went to the bookstore last weekend, and that line was very prominently featured at my Borders' bookstore.

Definitely an interesting time for those who like reading and writing erotic romance.

May the muses have press
Lany

3 Comments:

Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Lany, I completely forget at times that we share editor Nick Conrad at EC - thanks for stopping by my place. And while it's kewl to see my latest book cover with LI, I'm also anxious to see my 1st cover with EC - lol. You're ahead of me on that one.

Interesting that US Today neglected to talk about EC and Jaid. Wonder why???

10:27 AM  
Blogger FD said...

You can watch the Geraldo segment online:

http://www.geraldoatlarge.com/video-archive.php

9:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

EC paved the way. If you talk about the increased heat in romance today without EC and Jaid Black, your missing a major component of the story.

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home