Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Random thoughts by Lany


1. The Preditors and Editors poll is ongoing. Go vote here.

2. Tess Gerritsen rocks. I just read Bloodstream. It took all of a day.

3. I'm now reading the third book in the Demon Hunting Soccer Mom series. Gotta love a book that says this might be what Buffy became if she grew up, got married, became a SAHM and still hunted.

4. Shallow Grave by Lori Armstrong was so excellent. I need to write her. *makes note to do that*.

5. Lego Star Wars is a cute game, but I'm not very good. It's bad when your 8 year old tells you that.

6. Ghost Rider with Nicolas Cage is pretty good. We watched it last night.

7. I'm going on a lunch date tomorrow with the hubby. I love taking time away and doing things with him.

8. National Treasure 2 is pretty good, too. We saw it in the theater with the kids. It's a little intense at the end. I did miss a lot of the puzzles from the first one. I love Riley. And Ben.

9. The cat is not liking the cold weather. She's a laptop fan hog. And a lap hog. She even gets in the hubby's lap these days.

10. We have a big gymnastics meet this weekend to go watch. Last year we saw a beautiful shimmery, yellow leotard. Unfortunately, it was $50. We weren't even sure the youngest was going to stick with it at that point so we didn't buy it. I have been looking for that leotard since last summer and haven't been able to find it. There better be a vendor with something similar at this meet. Or my name will be mud again.

11. According to National Treasure 2, my name is mud came from a man accused of abetting John Wilkes Booth. But some sources say its origins are earlier than that.

12. I need to be writing! 70 days of Sweat is almost over and I need to get a submission into my editor. Ack!

13. It isn't pleasant to wake up to a dog's cold nose on your foot.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



2 Comments:

Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

I'm jealous that you read Armstrong's book and I haven't read it yet - waaaaah.

Other than that, your post made me smile...a lot. :)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

It is good! LOL go get it.

And thank you. I aim to make smile *G*.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home